POINTS TO REMEMBER BEFORE JOINING
To void disappointment at a later stage and inconvenience to all, ensure following before joining.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or overweight.
- There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
- A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits.
- The hearing should be normal. A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cm in a quiet room.
- There should be no evidence of present or past disease of the ear, nose and throat.
- There should be no sign of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessel. Blood pressure should be normal.
- The muscles of abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of liver or spleen.
- Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit. If operated, this should have been done at least 1 year prior and healing should be complete.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- Any disease of the skin which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection.
- Eyes: Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected.
- Candidates who have undergone LASER Surgery for correction of refractive error are also not acceptable in defence services.
- Detailed physical standards required in the Armed Forces are given on the websites of Army, Navy and Air Force. You are advised to go through that carefully before applying.
DO’S AND DON’TS
While in HJDA, students are subject to certain rules and regulations. Few of the important ones are highlighted in this section for your information. As discipline is very important it is recommended that your son be advised to strictly follow the rules during his stay at JDA to ensure fruitful and productive training.
- Do be punctual for all activities like, PT, games, classes, parades, mess etc.
- Do be smartly and neatly dressed at all times for all Academies activities in the prescribed dress.
- Do keep all your personal possessions neat and tidy at all times.
- Do be courteous to your seniors and superiors at the JDA.
- Do maintain high standards of honesty and integrity.
- The acts involving moral turpitude will be dealt with severely.
- Do not leave the JDA premises without proper permission.
- Do not be involved in smoking, drinking alcohol and consuming drugs, or have any such items in your possession.
- Do not keep cash, jewelry, Cell Phones, Any electronic or electrical appliances etc.
- Do not damage or deformity of any of the Academies’ property.
ACTIVITIES BEFORE JOINING
It would help your son to settle down, if he practices the following simple activities before joining:
- Stitching of buttons and minor repairing of his clothes.
- Polishing his shoes (leather and canvas).
- Washing his undergarments, socks and handkerchief.
- Making his bed.
- Keeping his clothes and personal effects neatly in his cupboard.
- Keeping track of all his personal possessions.
- Making a dhobi list and checking returns accurately.
- Covering all textbooks and copies with laminated brown paper.
- Labelling his possessions for identification.
- Packing his clothes for travel.