NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA)
To join NDA, an aspirant must appear NDA written entrance exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). It is a national level examination, which is organized two times in a year, i.e. NDA 1 and NDA 2, generally in the month of April and September to recruit new cadets for Indian Army, Navy and Air Force and the aspirants have to meet certain educational as well as physical eligibility criteria.
To appear NDA Entrance Exam you must clear Intermediate or +2 and You Should be between the ages of 16.5 to 19 years. However, it’s noteworthy that NDA is open for male candidates only.
Jaihind Defence Academy imparts training to the students who targets to join National Defence Academy (NDA).The total training programme includes Two year Integrated Intermediate (MPC) exams coaching along with Physical Training and Written Test Coaching.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS JOINING NDA COURSE
The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force).
- Weight: minimum – 50 kgs
- Chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- Distance Vision (Corrected) ———– Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9
- Uncorrected without glass————— 6/6, 6/9
- Candidates who habitually wear spectacle—- Not eligible for Air Force
- Myopia should not be more than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest
- Hypertrophy not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism.
- Colour vision —————————– CP-III (Defective Safe).