TES (TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME)
TES is open for all such candidates who have qualified Intermediate or 12th standard in Maths, Physics, Chemistry stream with at least 70% of total marks from a recognised board or university. The age of the candidate should be between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
The selected candidates are admitted to engineering course by the Army and Navy respectively and they are appointed directly Officer after the successful completion of the course.
However, it’s noteworthy that Indian Army and Navy Technical Entry Scheme is open for male candidates only. TES programmes commences twice a year in January and July. The duration of course is five years and Four years. The Notification for the course floats during the months of May / June and October / November.
Jaihind Defence Academy imparts training to the students who targets to join in Engineering Branch of Navy and Army. The total training programme includes Two year Integrated Intermediate (MPC) exams coaching along with Physical Training and Written Test Coaching.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS JOINING TES COURSE
The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force).
- Weight: minimum – 50 kgs
- Chest should be well developed. Fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- Distance Vision (Corrected) ———– Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9
- Uncorrected without glass————— 6/6, 6/9
- Candidates who habitually wear spectacle—- Not eligible for Air Force
- Myopia should not be more than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest
- Hypermetropia not more than +3.5D including Astigmatism.
- Colour vision —————————– CP-III (Defective Safe).